Thank you for deciding on “clay” bricks. You have made the right and wise decision. You have selected a superior natural product with the most important advantages being:
- Timeless durability and looks
- Value for money
- In demand
- Fire resistant
- Maintenance free
CLASSIFICATION OF BRICKS
It’s so easy. Please see hereunder for the classification of bricks.
- Ensure prompt payment as you do not wish any delay in brick supplies.
- Give us a good estimate of start of delivery and rate of take, and if possible place a provisional order, also including approximate quantities and type of brick. Provisional orders are not binding on the client.
- Please include a sketch of site location and how to reach the off loading area.
- Ensure that your order and correspondence is clear.
- Advise us timeously of any changes in your requirements.
- Please make sure of the name, type and colour of the brick you order.
- Should it be an extension, or you have previously used our face bricks – please notify us to make absolutely sure of the current colour.
- Please ensure a sign with company name and address on site.
- Somebody on site to sign for delivery.
- Easy access to site. It is the contractor’s responsibility to prepare suitable access for trucks.
- Level your offloading point and clear out all rocks or rubble etc. as bricks may get damaged.
- Please ensure quick turn around time of trucks so that we can utilize our fleet more efficiently.
- Our drivers are trained to be courteous.
- Apply the brick blending method as explained hereunder.
BLENDING OF BRICKS
As is well known by Architects and Builders alike, the artistic, and aesthetic qualities of brick wall panels are best achieved and enhanced by paying attention to blending of bricks, as is prescribed in many other countries.
In years gone by this was achieved by selecting bricks into a wheelbarrow at random along a heap of bricks, thus “mixing” the bricks.
With our “cube pack” package of 500 bricks, this is achieved easily and without any extra costs. In addition the builder can in fact show considerable savings in handling.
To achieve maximum blending effect in your wall panels, you should work with 5 or 6 packs at the same time, taking from each pack in turn.
Our minimum loads are 10 000 bricks. You are welcome to order less bricks, but a surcharge will be applied for transport.
The norms in the brick industry for breakages is 5%. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance or clarification.
THE RIGHT CLAY BRICK FOR THE RIGHT JOB
IT’S SO EASY!
FBS FACE BRICK STANDARD
Clay bricks that are selected or produced for their durability and uniformity of size and shape.
FBX FACE BRICK EXTRA
Clay bricks that are selected or produced for their durability and high degree of uniformity of size, shape and colour.
FBA FACE BRICK AESTHETIC
Clay bricks that are selected or produced for their durability and aesthetic effect, deriving from non-uniformity of size, shape or colour.
NFP NON-FACING PLASTERED
Clay bricks suitable for general building work that is to be plastered.
NFX NON-FACING EXTRA
Clay bricks suitable for use, plastered or unplastered, and general building work where durability rather than aesthetics are the key selection criteria:
- Below damp-proof course
- Under damp conditions
- Below ground level.
...E ENGINEERING UNITS
Masonry units produced for structural or load-bearing purposes in face or non-face work, where the manufacturer supplies clay bricks to an agreed compressive strength. An engineering unit is designated by the addition of the letter E followed by a number equal to the nominal compressive strength in megapascals, e.g. NFXE 21.